Friday, July 31, 2009

Ahh radio, how I have missed thee

About 8 months ago I was an idiot and left the gas cap off after getting gas late one night. I figured this out after about a month of freaking out because my check engine light was on and I didnt know why. Well, the Hubs bought me a new gas cap and I though it would be fine. But that annoying little orange light was still on!

(I hate those lights and I buckle and take off the emergency brake solely to make those lights go off)

The only way I knew how to make it go off was to disconnect and reconnect the battery. So I did that and the light did go off(!) but it also reset the radio! I thought that I could just turn it back on but noooooo, I needed some 5 digit code!(stupid Japanese import security crap) I looked all through my owner's manuel and could not find it so I asked the Hubs about it and he said that I would have to take the radio out to get some serial number then call the Honda place to get the code.

Well I thought "ok I can handle that, a few screws, pop out the radio, good to go". WRONG! There are like twenty bolts and I could only locate two and Hubs, no matter how many times I asked him, just never took the time to help me.

So yesterday, after months and months of singing to myself and listening to my MP3 player and driving in dead silence, I decided to heed the advice of my co-worker and call the Honda dealer just to see if they could help. And lo and be hold I am now listening to the wonderful local radio stations and my favorite band - Flyleaf.

And I didnt even have to spread my legs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment