Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'm no pro!

So yesterday was my husband's birthday! We didn't do too much to celebrate since it wasn't one of those big birthday numbers and because we are very broke, but I did make him a cake. When I told him I was doing this he was a little skeptical (OK a lot skeptical) but he appreciated the thought. I have a tendency to slightly over cook things, he calls it burnt but I like to say well done or Cajun! Anyways on Tuesday night I decided to bake a strawberry cake from a recipe that my mom had made once before. I had all the ingredients and tools needed and the recipe seemed pretty easy. So I got through the mixing and baking with no problems at all! I didn't even over bake anything! YAY! Then it was time for the frosting and although I had to use some unconventional ways (i.e. my fingers) to smooth it all out it looked fabulous!

Well last night we cut it and had a piece and let me just say that my husband actually said that he now believed that I could cook! It was pretty tasty even though I am not the biggest fan of strawberries. So now there is a huge chunk gone and that makes me very happy. This may just start a new love of baking for me. :)

Happy Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment