Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Highlights of my day so far...

Since its the middle of the week no one seems to want to do any banking (except for the few old people that come every day) and this makes for a very boring day! But it just got livened up!

~So I am sitting at my desk and reading updates to other people's blogs and my phone is ringing... This seems normal because bill collectors seem to call around this time of day to catch me at lunch or something I guess. When I looked to see who it was I was surprised because it was a friend of mine (we will call her MissB) that works for the same bank! I knew she was at work, we were just emailing a few minutes ago. So I got freaked out and thought of only the worst, (you see this chick gets into a lot of wrecks it seems and they almost always happen on her lunch break) that maybe she was in a crash and was hurt or needed a ride or something horrible. I couldn't answer the phone right away and she left a message! This freaked me out more so I texted her and emailed her to see if she was OK and I got no response! So I ran to the back break room to check my messages and I had the best laugh ever! It was MissB rapping with Eminem to 'Mocking Bird". Wow I now get the the whole butt dialing commercial!

~One of the previously mentioned old people that comes in every day came in today and had an awesome story to share. The sweet little lady used to live in Florida, until about 6 months ago, and the weather there is very different from weather here and they just don't have tornadoes. Well we do and last night the weather was really bad here. So she comes in and starts to talk to me about what happened...Her husband had said that if you heard a noise that sounded like a train coming toward you that it was probably a tornado and the safest place for them was in the creek bed behind their house. Last night they heard the 'train noise' and headed down to the creek and ducked down. A few minutes later the lady looked up, smacked her husband and said "You idiot there really is a train, it's not a tornado!" Gotta love the old people!


Happy Wednesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment