Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mommy, I want to start school too!

As much as I like my job (really I do!) I feel like I keep hitting a rather large, brick wall. It just feels like, because I am young and look even younger, no one takes me seriously some days. Other days I am fine and am heard and feel like I have an impact and do a good job and all that jazz.

I guess what is boils down to is that when I work on the sales side of things I lose confidence. I don't really like to sell people things and I hate to feel like I am being pushy. I don't want to sell people a product that they may not really even want or have any use for so I don't seem to open as many accounts as some others do. I just suck as a sales person.

I can follow policy and procedure all day long and I am good at that. Once the sale is made and the actual account opening is ready to be done I am fine. I have my set of regulations to follow and viola! Simple.

So this coming to these conclusions over the past year made me think... I should go back to school so that I can advance myself in this company. I love the company I work for and the people here I just am not the best at customer service. I have always wanted to be in accounting, that is the whole reason at 18 I got into banking. I thought that I would get to go back to school way before now but finances and life issues got a little in the way of that goal.

But the putting off ends... well in my mind now but in reality not until the spring semester (hopefully) starts so that I can gather the funds and have plenty of time to enroll and get good classes at the times I want. WOO HOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment