Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A long weekend full of emotions

Friday night I didnt do too much, just went and ate with the family and relaxed at home while holding down the couch! Saturday, however, was a totally differnet story. I had to be at work at 8:30 and at 12:30 I met my husband to go to the lake with some friends. We all had a great time riding the jet ski and the boat, laying out in the sun, eating and throwing back a few cold ones! :) We got back in town about 10 and ended up ordering pizza and watching the greatest show on HBO ever called East Bound and Down. So I didnt get into bed until pretty late but it was toatlly worth it! Sunday I got up extra early to go to church then went and ate with my family for lunch and did laundry. It seems that this Sunday's activities are becoming pretty routine and I actually sort of enjoy it.

Monday brought on the water works for me. I knew what was coming but I didnt expect it to be so hard.... The house that my husband and I owned has been in foreclosure and in about 2 more days he and all of our stuff has to be out or we lose it. I thought that when this happened he would finally move in with me and things would be better. But apparently he isnt ready for that and he seems to think that if he lives with me he wont be able to see his daughter anymore. I dont understand his thinking at all but I was willing to let him take some more time to work things out. So the plan was for him to bring me all of the stuff that we consider to be mine. Well on Monday morning my husband and his dad were there with all of my stuff and it seemed like everything just came to a head and came out in the form of tears. Once all of the stuff was inside and they were about to leave all I could do was stand there and cry. To me all of that stuff reminded me that my husband wasnt going to be living with me and it would be a while before he would. It also made me think how easy it would be now for him to just call it quits. I mean I had my stuff and he had his and technically we wouldnt ever have to see each other again. I am usually so strong and dont show a lot of emotion but it just all came out. My husband tried to console me but he just doesnt understand how I feel and when I tell him I feel very selfish. I guess I just need to learn to have more patience. I thought that waiting two years was being patient enough but God doesnt always follow our little time tables. After I got through my emotional break down I started to upack the boxes and arrange the furniture. I now have a table to eat at and pictures for my walls and candles. Then I went to eat with my family for Memorial Day (man we sure do seem to eat a lot!!!). So all in all I guess the long weekend did turn out to be pretty decent. Hope every one had a good one too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment